Monday, July 15, 2024
24.4 C
No menu items!

Casualties due to electrocution a common occurrence in Kashmir, father of 5 daughters latest victim

Must Read

A permanent government employee who was the father of five daughters died of electrocution in Magam town of central Kashmir’s Budgam district, officials said.

Farooq Ahmed Wani (36) working as Line Man in Power Development Department fell from an electric pole after receiving an electric shock when he was repairing the HT line in Magam town, locals told the news agency Kashmir News Trust.

Wani was taken to Sub-District Hospital Magam for treatment where doctors referred him to JVC Hospital Bemina Srinagar. He succumbed to his injuries shortly after he arrived at the hospital.

Wani as per doctors had sustained serious injuries due to electric shock and fall.

Police Station Magam registered a case in this regard. The victim was a native of the Hazarpora Aripanthan village of Sub-Divison Beerwa.

The death of PDD employees due to electrocution is a common occurrence in Kashmir Valley.

Last month, a 52-year-old PDD employee Bashir Ahmed Khan died after receiving an electric shock while repairing a power cable in the Kunzar area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. The family of the victim had demanded a probe into his death saying that no mechanism was followed while the employee was repairing the power cable. They had alleged the victim was not even provided the safety tools.

Two days after this incident, a PDD inspector Imtiyaz Ahmed died due to an electric shock in the Parimpora area of Srinagar when he was carrying out some repair work.

In January this year, a casual labour of the Power Development Department Muhammad Jammal Reshi of Gund Chobutara Kralgund in Handwara died of electrocution while repairing a transmission line in the Rafiabad area of the Baramulla district. [KNT]



- Advertisement -spot_img


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News
- Advertisement -spot_img

Read More

- Advertisement -spot_img